Saturday 12 March 2016

New ideas emerging



I've been jotting down ideas in my journal lately when I've had light bulb moments whilst researching
for my inquiry, and I've found that this has really helped mark down any ideas which I can then use later on with my research.
Over the past week I have been brainstorming ideas, flicking through webpages and supporting information  for my inquiry- and there seems to be an underlying idea that keeps popping up or even a topic of interest. There seems to be a correlation between dance and science.
Science appears to be the supporting evidence in the dance world, and health and dance are also interlinked.

I have also just discovered that Dr Roger Wolman, a consultant at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital has a Dance Medicine Clinic on the NHS. This is very exciting as it appears there are some links between my new professional practice of orthopaedic therapy and that of the dance world. (I will continue with this idea in upcoming blogs!)
I hope I can bring my knowledge of the body into my new job and absorb as much information as I can by learning about the science and therapeutic side of the role.

Also, after reading a few other blogs this week I saw that the word 'Ethics' emerges numerous times. This is something I will have to handle with great care if I am to incorporate my inquiry into my current practice. Obviously I will have to inform my work colleagues of my intentions and I will have to be extremely vigilant whilst carrying out my research in my place of work.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment